If you’re like me, you’re staying home because of the negative digits outside the house, not to mention the windchill that makes it feel even worse. Because I’ve been home for most of the past week (well, since the day after New Year’s with the exception of Saturday), I’ve been getting a little bit of cabin fever. While talking to a friend of mine, I got the idea to write a list of things that a person can do to break the cabin fever. It not only started my brain going on what to do if you’re going stir crazy, but it also gave me something to blog about and keep me going.
With that being said, here are some ideas to get you started to break the mundane of trying to stay warm:
- Scour through food blogs and find a meal that sounds good.
- Use the recipe you found online and cook it for lunch (or dinner).
- Watch a movie.
- Watch funny YouTube videos.
- Read a book.
- Write poetry or stories.
- Start a blog.
- Change your blog’s theme to your preferences (even if it’s a million times like me!)
- Put your iPod on shuffle and listen to it.
- Dance to the music on your iPod.
- Organize your personal library alphabetically or by subject.
- Research your genealogy online.
- Research some local history online.
- Make a plate of finger food and eat it.
- Sing to the music on the radio.
- Call your significant other and talk to him (or her).
- Drive around the neighborhood with your heater and music turned up.
These are just some ideas. I don’t necessarily do any or all of these but they are good ideas and who knows, maybe I’ll do some of them myself today. Comment and send me some of your ideas for beating cabin fever! Perhaps I’ll try them out myself!