I was nominated by RKnutson from Enkelt Liv (Simple Life) nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you for noticing me and enjoying what I write for my blog enough to nominate me for this award. Here are the directions for accepting the award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I have one parent who was born and raised in England and went several times as a child to visit family. I’ve only been there once since I was 9, though.
- I’m very allergic to cats and can’t even walk into the room where they just were without my face immediately burning and getting runny nose and eyes.
- I never owned a video game system growing up since my parents didn’t want me to sit in front of the t.v. all day.
- I’m an only child, but always wanted to have a brother (or sister).
- My favorite season is spring because it’s always a promise of warmer weather and a feeling of new beginnings.
- I read a lot of young adult literature.
- I want to learn how to scuba dive and swim with sharks.
- My favorite movie is Cold Mountain.
- I like taking pictures, but never made it an official hobby, just whenever I feel like it.
- I’ve worked in a library for ten years.
- I published a poem when I was 11 years old. Such a long time ago!
My answers to questions from the one who nominated me:
- What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now and why? Teaching because they’re asked to take care of society’s kids’ education and not getting enough money or credit for doing it, all their getting is more restrictions and standards rather than help to become better teachers.
- How do you feel about public speaking? I like it. It makes me nervous, but if I’m well prepared, I enjoy the process of doing it. I get hooked on the adrenaline.
- If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet? This is hard: my ancestors and ask them about their lives, Elizabeth I and ask her how she managed to accomplish so much and bringing peace to the country, Charles Dickens because he’s my favorite author, Abraham Lincoln because he fought to keep the States together, Jane Austen and ask her about her life that we don’t know nothing about, many other authors and people.
- What accomplishments are you most proud of? Getting a Master’s degree and having my dad see it before he died.
- When you open someone’s blog for the first time, what makes you keep reading? They write about topics I’m interested in and they keep their writing conversational, making feel like I’m sitting there with them as they’re talking (or typing in this case).
Most of the blogs I follow already have over 2oo followers (if not thousands), so I won’t nominate anybody but I appreciate the award!