We seem to focus on the negative rather than the positive. And after (re?) discovering the blog Things We Like, I decided to make a list of my own concerning the things I like.
- Soaking my feet on the back porch.
- On rainy days, sitting in semi darkness without the big light on listening to spooky stories on YouTube or reading.
- Coloring, any day, but also on rainy days.
- Driving on country roads at 7:30 in the morning.
- Snuggle in the corner of the house when I’m home alone.
- Visiting old cemeteries.
- Having picnics in state parks.
- Capturing a pretty picture.
- Going on drives without music, just my surroundings.
- Actually watching an Olympic athlete as they win the gold with a world record instead of hearing about it after the fact.
- Have someone hold the door open for me.
- Being asked out on a date instead of vice versa or when I haven’t been on a date in a while.
- Snuggled on the couch with someone watch a movie.
- Long walks.
- Cookie dough ice cream.