When the world gets crazy, strange, and scary, there’s nothing more comforting than being surrounded by the familiar and safe. Without these things, we’d be flying off into no man’s land and might never find ourselves out of it ever again. Here are some of my favorite comfort things:
- Mashed potatoes
- Josh Groban’s “Awake” cd
- Snuggled under a blanket reading a book or watching a movie.
- Book: Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Writing in my journal
- Sitting in my favorite seat at Barnes and Noble
- Book: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Taking a walk in the woods
- Being held by someone special/watching a movie with them (hasn’t happened in a long time, but still comforting)
- Country music
- Listening to stories on YouTube
- Coloring (a newish hobby I’ve discussed before)
- Being home without an appointment
- Soaking my feet
What are some of your comfort things?